How to cover a broken car window? When did you last have a car accident? Did you get injured? Might it be said that you were ready to fix the damage yourself? Was your car window broken?
Generally speaking, the answer is “yes.” In any case, sometimes you need professional assistance. Whether you need to replace a windshield, repair a dent, or even change the entire body of your vehicle, you need to find somebody who knows how to get everything done well.
In this article, I’ll impart to you the best way to cover a broken car window. It’s simple and modest! You can use normal household items that will work similarly as well as some other products available.
CAN YOU DRIVE AROUND WITH A BROKEN WINDOW?
The main thing you need to know is in the event that you can drive around with a broken window. In the event that you are in an accident, you would rather not be stuck at home because you have no transportation. The good news is that you can in any case drive around with a broken car window.
On the off chance that you’re adequately lucky to have insurance, your insurer will pay for the cost of repairing your car. Yet, in the event that you don’t have insurance, you may not be so lucky. All things considered, you’ll need to ensure that you can afford to fix your car before you leave the scene of the accident.
On the off chance that you really do decide to go out driving with a broken window, here are some things to remember:
- Ensure that there aren’t any loose objects inside your car that could fall out and cause injury to other people.
- Put nothing in your trunk that you wouldn’t need falling out of your car when you hit something.
BEST MATERIAL TO COVER BROKEN CAR WINDOW
Presently we should talk about what kind of material you ought to use to cover a broken car glass. There are two primary types of materials accessible:
- Plastic sheeting – This type of plastic comes in rolls that are regularly used by roofers. These sheets come in different sizes and thicknesses. They likewise come in many tones. Certain individuals lean toward using these over duct tape because they look more professional.
- Duct Tape – This is one more popular choice among DIY lovers. Unlike plastic sheeting, duct tape doesn’t come in rolls. Instead, you essentially cut off pieces of duct tape depending on the situation.
- Aluminum Foil – While aluminum foil isn’t usually recommended for covering windows, it’s perfect for protecting your car from scratches. Very much like plastic sheeting, you can purchase aluminum foil in various shapes and sizes.
THE BEST WAY TO COVER A BROKEN CAR WINDOW?
There are numerous ways to cover broken car glass. The best way to cover a broken car window is to cover it with duct tape and a thick plastic sheet. This method works because you don’t need to worry about damaging the car by using sharp objects.
TOOLS NEEDED TO COVER A BROKEN WINDSHIELD
In this process, you will need a few tools that are mostly accessible in your home. Here is the list of the tools required for this process:
Step-1: Eliminate Remaining Windshield Glass
Prior to starting the process, ensure that there is no remaining glass inside the car. Assuming there is anything left, you might wind up breaking something different while trying to eliminate it.
Use the hammer to break the remaining glass. Ensure that you hit it from the bottom so the glass doesn’t fly off.
In the event that you see any pieces of glass stuck into the dashboard, try not to smash them. Instead, carefully pull out the piece of glass.
Step-2: Cut Plastic Sheets and Prepare To Cover The Windshield
The following stage is cutting the plastic sheets. The size of the plastic sheet depends on the size of the damaged area.
You can cut the plastic sheets using scissors. Use the scissors to cut the plastic sheet along the edges of the damaged area. Ensure that you keep the plastic sheet level.
Ensure that you leave adequate room between the edge of the plastic sheet and the damaged area. If not, the wind will blow through the gap and cause more problems.
Step-3: Place Plastic Over The Damaged Area
Presently place the plastic over the damaged area. Try to stretch it evenly across the entire surface.
Place the plastic sheet something like 1 inch over the damaged area. This allows air to flow freely underneath the plastic sheet.
Step-4: Secure The Plastic With Duct Tape
Once you’re finished placing the plastic sheet over the damaged area, secure it with duct tape.
Start by wrapping the tape around the plastic sheet. Then wrap the tape around the backside of the plastic sheet.
Continue wrapping the tape until you reach the front side of the plastic sheet and afterward start wrapping once more.
This makes the plastic sheet stay tight against the damaged area.
HOW TO COVER A BROKEN REAR CAR WINDOW WITH A PLASTIC SHEET?
To cover a broken rear car window, use similar steps mentioned before. In any case, instead of covering the front side of the car, cover the backside.
Covering the backside of the car helps prevent water from entering the car. It additionally prevents dirt from getting inside the car.
Step-by-step Process to Cover a Broken Rear Car Window
- Eliminate all the remaining glass.
- Hammer the remaining glass.
- Cut the plastic sheet.
- Place the plastic sheet over the damaged area.
- Secure the plastic sheet with duct tape.
- Start wrapping the tape around the backside of the rear window. Continue wrapping the tape until you get to the front side of the sheet.
- Wrap the tape around the front side of the plate.
Conclusion: How To Cover A Broken Car Window?
On the off chance that you’re involved in an accident where your windshield is damaged, you’ll eventually need to cover it with something straightforward. With this method, you can get back home or to a car repair shop to sort your car window out appropriately.
This article explains the steps you need to take to cover your car window appropriately. You can use plastic sheets and duct tape to cover up the sheet for temporary protection from dust, wind, or water.
You might also like…
- What Are The Best Hitch Bike Racks? Top 10 Reviews
- How To Choose The Best Bluetooth Label Makers In 2023?
- Top 10 Best Commercial Cold Press Juicers Reviews Of 2023
- What Is a Blockchain Wallet and How Do You Use It?
- How Late-Night Eating Can Impact Health?
- Top 5 Best Door Mats For Dogs To Buy In 2023
- 5 Best Baby Carrier For Plus-Size Parents (2023 Reviews)